Well that was an unexpected blog break, wasn't it? (Ahem, thank you RonaldJ for the shout-out.)
1) We haven't paid off any debt at all. Instead, we get to enjoy a roof that doesn't leak. That's… something. We allllmost did it without using debt, but when the bill comes for the gutters, that's going to have to come out of our home equity line. We haven't used debt at all in over a year, but this was a big project, that needed to be done, within a certain timeframe. So.. There it is.
2) I no longer cook anything except GF spaghetti and GF mac & cheese. No, no, I lie. SuperDad cooks those things, as the undisputed champion of pastary. These two things are all that the children want to eat, and all that E wants to pack in her lunch. Anyway, what I'm saying is, I have no new recipes to share.
3) Miss Baby M turned one two days ago (go Baby M!). And, for the first time ever, I subjected the party guests to an entirely gluten-free menu, based completely around what I felt like eating that day. We had a strawberry pretzel salad made with Glutino's most excellent pretzels, a cheese/ground beef/Rotel dip with tortilla chips, a veggie tray with ranch, and GFCF chocolate cupcakes made with Kinnikinnick's awesome cake mix. Honestly, I don't think anyone noticed the gluten free-ness of anything. But I could be wrong.
4) I am coming up on a year of living almost entirely gluten free. While I still don't experience any health benefits to myself, I know that my GF cooking has improved greatly by it being something I also eat, not just something I expect the kids to.
5) Thanks to never-ending rain that still hasn't ended, but very neglected garden did just fine this year. The potatoes, carrots, lots of peppers, flowers, peas, lettuce, and spinach all did just fine. It got cold here before the eggplant, watermelon, or cantaloupes could mature. I don't honestly know if I'll do it again next year. The entire year's worth of savings is more than blown by one trip to Gymboree, y'all. Note to self: No more Gymboree.
6) Baby Clayton http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/claytonwilliamhorst just had surgery yesterday, and is recovering now. Please keep him in your heart and in your prayers.
That's it, and that's all.