Monday, August 6, 2007

Dinner Update

Parmesean Crusted Chicken

2 eggs, beaten (.24)
olive oil (?)
1 c. freshly grated parmesean cheese (1.58)
1 t. garlic powder (?)
chicken breast (5.23)

Heat up olive oil in frying pan. Mix cheese with garlic powder. Dip the chicken in the egg (but don't think about that one too much because ew), and then into the cheese mixture. Fry on med-high until cooked through. If it's still sticking to the pan, it's not done yet. When done, it should be a nice light brown color and, obviously, chicken should be done all the way through. This one is a definite family favorite.

We served it with:
Leftover veggies (0)
Applesauce (.25)
Toast (.25)

The meal was a bit too beige. But yummy! And, for us, very expensive!
Total: $7.55

I also had a bit of bean failure. Not sure if it's the hard water or what but I just can't seem to soak beans/cook beans and get that to work out for me. Also, soaking beans are kind of stinky? Like, who knew? So I went back to the store and splurged on canned beans. SPLURGE. Actually, if that's a splurge, I think we're doing okay.

And to add again to my failure list, I've been using outdated baking powder. Which really explains why none of my breads have been raising (rising?) like they should. Ah. I'd like to thank FROOOOOOOGYYYYY! Wha-a-a-a-a-t? for getting those thought wheels in motion with "Froggy Bakes a Cake."

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin