Monday, December 3, 2007

Gone Crunchy

You know how when people are dating and they guy loves to show the girl how to bowl or throw a football or whatever? I was never that girl. I didn't particularly like (that's an understatement, actually) being told how to do things, even if it meant I would never learn how to throw a dart (which, by the way, did get *much* easier after I got glasses). Which is why my husband is a photographer, and yet I take photos like the one here.

Honey Baked Granola
1 c. SAFE gluten-free rolled oats
1/8 c brown sugar
cinnamon, some
pinch salt
1/8 c honey, warmed until liquid
1/8 c light olive oil, or 2 T melted butter (I used the oil, because I was too lazy to heat up something else. I mean, really.)
1/2 c raisins or other dried fruit

Mix together the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the honey and oil (or butter, if you're not lazy, like I am) . Bake at 325 for 15-25 minutes or until crunchy. Stir once, half-way through baking.
Add raisins before serving.

My kids really liked this!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin