Friday, November 30, 2007

Last Day!

The first things I'm going to do tomorrow?
1. Eat at McDonald's. Mmmm. I don't care.
2. Buy myself some new winter gloves. Brrr.
3. Work on finishing up my Christmas shopping. I didn't horde anything before November and I didn't plan to put off any purchases until after, but there were some things I simply could not buy locally.

Overall, I think it was a success, and I plan to do something similar, perhaps more extreme next November. My two ideas would be to either shop only *actually* locally - where the only things I would buy would include locally grown produce and meat and dairy and nothing else, OR to not buy food at all that month and eat only out of a well-stocked pantry/freezer. Both of those ideas would require that I stock up over the entire next year, I think, and would depend on my deciding to do a garden. We'll see what happens!

2 comments:

Mike Eberhart said...

Not sure what this post was really about, but congrats on the debt-reduction. I see you're making headway in that running-progress thing on the right. Keep up the great work on that!

Tread Softly said...

Congrats on your month of buying local. Your grocery price breakdowns were great.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin