Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Random Update


In this photo, you can see me and the kids working together to get my Avon catalogs out. :)

You can also see my $3 insulating drapes from Salvation Army. Not beautiful, but they really work!

We tried some more recipes from The More-with-Less Cookbook. I'd highly recommend:

  • Six Layer Dish (potatoes, beans, carrots, ground beef, a little bit of brown sugar, and... some other ones I can't remember?),
  • Pork Sausage Casserole (bulk sausage, brown rice, chicken broth, celery), and
  • Swiss Eggs (YUM! Shredded swiss, eggs, evaporated milk, and dried parsley, baked in the oven in the quiche dish I've never actually used before).

We also tried a steamed milk cake, but it was way too sweet for me.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

i'm gonna have to try those recipes! That cookbook rocks!!

GFKFC said...

I am also GF and just found your blog. Some recipies that we like from More-With-Less are: meat, potato, cheese scallop(pg.138), broccoli rice(with ham or chicken added)(pg.128), pizza rice casserole(GF lasagne in our house)(pg.129)and hamburger helper-homestyle(pg.121).

Unknown said...

Printing your list out right now!!! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing all of those wonderful gluten free recipies.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin