Monday, September 10, 2007

Dinner Update

Tater Tot Casserole

1 lb. ground turkey, browned and drained ($1.57)
3/4 can of corn, drained (.35)
Tater tots, take time to ensure GF (.50)
Cream of whatever soup (.50?)

Mix and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until whining of family becomes intolerable.

Total: $2.92

Mmmm. Okay, so this isn't the healthiest thing in the world, but some definite comfort food, and the kids loved it.

I particularly love cooking casseroles because they are pretty much a complete meal in one dish. We served muskmelon as dessert. The kids would think I was the world's best mother if I told them that from now on, we'd be eating nothing other than melon and cheese.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tater Tot casserole always makes me think of being a little kid. Which is odd, because I don't know that we ever really ate tater tot casserole when I was growing up. But...whee! Tater Tot casserole! Fake childhood!

*grin*

Carrie said...

tater tot casserole totally, completely rocks!! Michael asks for it specifically and he rarely specifies stuff he wants for dinner!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin