Friday, September 7, 2007

Finding Frugal Inspiration

Being frugal isn't so much about what you do, as it is about what you don't do. I'm not going to use credit cards, ever again. I'm not going to spend more than I have. I'm not going to buy things (well, non-chocolate things, anyway) that I can't afford.

But it's easy to run out of steam. To feel like you're not getting anywhere. To get tired of the work.

So, when I get tired of the work, I turn to something that inspires me.

I listen to Dave Ramsey's radio show.
I reread The Tightwad Gazette.
I pick something to read off the Frugal Blogroll.
I read Living on a Dime's newsletter (which is giving away a TON of free e-books right now, just for signing up!).

Sometimes, even fiction can inspire me. Books like the Little House series. And A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. (If you know of any other novels that provide frugal inspiration, I would LOVE to hear about them!)

Sometimes -gasp!- even reality TV can inspire me. I taped a series off PBS a few years ago called "Pioneer Quest." It was awesome, and always inspires me to make do with what I have!

A little inspiration (and a moment to think about how very much I have) can go a long way!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin