Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bread Pizza


SD531193
Originally uploaded by tenille1978
I used to make gluten free pizza crusts for the kids. And then we realized that a better, easier, faster way was to just make it on bread and toss it in the oven for 5 minutes or so. They love.

This bread recipe came from the back of the Ener-G Xanthan Gum package. On the pizza is sauce, Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, sausage, and garden peppers.

I apologize for the ugly plate. In our house, a thing of beauty is a joy for five minutes. And then the kids break it. ;)

5 comments:

Manic Mama said...

I use bread, bagels and tortillas as well as regular GF pizza crusts... we eat pizza A LOT in our house and they get bored of the same thing!

That looks tasty!

Cheers!
Jamie

Carrie said...

we love pizza too!! My favorite crust is making up a batch of gluten free sox fan's french bread and slicing it to make french bread pizzas!! yum!!

zdoodlebub said...

How does the "crust" turn out? I imagine it's soggy in the mic, but I must be wrong if they love.

Unknown said...

Z - we make it in the oven. Though I imagine a toaster over would work great too, but we don't have one. (They kind of scare me - eek!)

Stacey said...

What a good idea. Each kid can "design" their own pizza. I am going to try it!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin