Sunday, October 28, 2007

Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Cake

I actually only made half the recipe here. It made 12 cupcakes. Also, someone gave this recipe to me, so I have no idea where it came from or if it's copyrighted or anything.



2 c GF flour (I use Bob's Red Mill GF Baking Mix)
2/3 c unsweetened cocoa
2 t xanthan gum
1 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
3 eggs
1 2/3 c sugar
1 t vanilla
1 c mayonnaise (eek! I know. It's fine.)
1 1/2 c water

Put the kids down for a nap.

Combine flour, cocoa, xan, baking soda and powder in medium bowl.

Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, and mayonnaise in a medium bowl. Or if you're me, just totally ignore that part and put the dry ingredients in the large bowl and the wet ingredients in a medium bowl. I also didn't use a mixer because the kids were sleeping.





Alternately beat in flour mixture and water.

Grease and flour two 8" or 9" round pans or one 9 x 13" inch pan. Or use baking cups. Or whatever.

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes for a cake or 15-20 minutes for cupcakes.




The frosting is a secret family recipe that I am duty-bound from sharing. But I suppose I could show a picture.


The end.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Mayo???

Unknown said...

Dude, I know. But look at it this way: egg whites, vinegar, and oil.

Jennifer said...

Hmm. Funny how things change when you put it that way.

But then, I keep going back to: mayo???

;)

Carrie said...

I grew up making chocolate cakes with mayo in them!! Brings back lots of great memories!! Those cupcakes look wonderful!!

ErikaLuke said...

I have this bookmarked for my nephew with autism. Made them for his last bday at the request of his mama since they are sooooo good. Thanks so much for this.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin