Monday, October 8, 2007

Dinner Update

I tried to make potato soup following a recipe, but I just can't resist adding in whatever leftovers I have on hand whenever I make soup. So this is what I ended up with:

Chicken Potato Soup
1/2 pound leftover chicken (I put in the bones and everything and took them out as it cooked) (.50?)
5 potatoes, peeled and diced (oh my I bought a bag of organic potatoes at Wal-Mart - gah, I know - for $1.00!) (.25)
4 cups chicken broth (used bouillon as usual) (.21)
carrots, diced (.25)
onion
pepper
parsley
celery salt (I never know how to price out spices, I usually go with .25 for the whole thing, but I would guess that's pretty high really?) (.25)

Cook all day in crock pot. Wish that you had thrown in some rice and that can of cannellini beans you have. Oh well.

Total: 1.46 Verdict? Yum. Also not filling enough. SuperDad and I had secret frozen pizza after the kids were in bed.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin