Thursday, July 19, 2007

July 19

Dinner Update:
Meatloaf
1/2 c crushed GF cornflakes (.25)
onion
1 egg, beaten (.06)
garlic
salt
pepper
1 1/2 lb. ground beef (2.99)
GF BBQ sauce, we use local brand w/out fillers (.38)
lettuce salad w/dressing (.50?)
green beans (.68)
raw carrots (.15)

Total: ($5.01) - Can you believe that this has been one of our most expensive meals so far?

Mix crumbs, onion, egg, garlic, salt, pepper, and meat. Mix well. Place in loaf pan (I did not spray the pan and SuperDad said, "Next time, spray the pan!!!!" Ha.). Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1 1/2 hours. Pour BBQ sauce over meat in last half hour of cooking.

My daughter wasn't into the meatloaf at all, but my son ate all of his and hers too. She ate her veggies.

Budget Update:
Gifts: .78
Gas: 0
Food: $26.00
Books/Clothes: $2.59
My Fun Money: $3.85

I spent most of my fun money last night buying new black sandals at Wal-Mart because mine had started to come apart on the bottom. Ugh. $7.42.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin