Okay, and moving on! :)
The end of pregnancy (hey, I thought we were moving on?) is always rough for me. I'm tired. Unmotivated. Uncomfortable. And, oh yeah, I had to put on 4 shirts this morning before I found one that even remotely fit. And that's kind of a stretch - literally.
Frugality takes organziation and committment, neither of which I have right now. So, we've done some decidedly UNfrugal things lately. Like:
- Eat out. A lot. When we eat out with the kids, it mostly involves cheeseburgers, plain, with no buns. And fries. Or we'll go to Taco John's and get them the chicken that comes in the soft tacos, with no shell, covered in cheese. They like that. We've done Qdoba. We let them have hashbrowns for breakfast. As you can tell, we've WAY overdone our food budget.
- Hire a cleaning person! Is there anything more unfrugal than that? Not really. Do I care? Not at all. She's coming in at least once before the baby arrives, maybe twice, and if I can talk SuperDad into it, maybe a couple of times after too.
- Bought a tree. You know, for the baby.
- Signed D up for some classes at the community center. Because E is back in school now, and he misses her. :(
- Not done cloth diapers. According to my very informal survey, gluten in diapers shouldn't be a concern. There are other great reasons to do cloth, and we'll probably go back to it eventually. But not now.
We're dipping into the savings we built up for the baby. And I'm okay with that, because sometimes that's just how it goes.
Our gluten free eating has been anything but blog-worthy lately. Our menu this week:
- Sunday: Scrambled eggs, ham, peanut butter toast, grapes
- Monday: Nachos, corn, beans
- Tuesday: Chicken nuggets
- Wednesday: Spaghetti
- Thursday: French toast
- Friday: Macaroni and cheese and baked beans
- Saturday: Scalloped potatoes and ham
So this blog may not be very inspirational for awhile, but if you stick around long enough, I promise to show you baby pictures! :)