I think this is so cool. Promising to buy nothing new for a period of time is such a fantastic challenge to give to yourself.
I thought maybe I should do something like this, but I don't honestly buy much. This is what I have bought new in the last two months:
- A new suitcase, since my old one wasn't carry-on size. I was so happy to have that carry-on bag when my plane couldn't make it home and we had to stay an extra night! (Could have used... a backpack?)
- A soap dish. E has awful skin reactions from every liquid hand soap we've ever tried. So we "needed" a soap dish to keep her bar of soap in. (Could have used a dessert plate?)
- One pair of beaded earrings. Indulgence.
- Two shirts and one pair of shorts for D, with a Penney's $10 off $10 coupon, and paid $2.06! (Could have bought used.)
5. Two sets of paint brushes at the dollar store. (Not much else you can do with that.)
What do you buy new?