Thursday, November 19, 2009

For Morocco

What is happening with our little-big family lately:

SuperDad just finished teaching a photography class at the community center. The extra coinage immediately disappeared into the overeating/purging cycle that has been sustaining my pregnancy. 

I quit BOTH of my part-time jobs. Because I felt like it!  So, the big debt repay, well, it's on the back burner right now. I am now 16 weeks pregnant. I still feel terrible, so it must be going well. :) It feels like a boy, but I could be wrong. (Though I haven't been so far!)

E is 5 1/2 and is gearing up to be a flower girl this weekend. It's stressing her out.  We are constantly on our toes providing gluten free alternatives for her to take to school for all kinds of reasons.

D recently went through a speech evaluation, and failed the hearing screening portion. The bureaucracy surrounding going through all these services, as provided by the school district, is ridiculous. Or as D would say, "ridiculusht."

M is one now! And walking! And having some very serious opinions on, well, everything. She was accidentally glutened by some oat flour hiding in a YoBaby yogurt (okay, not hiding, I didn't read the label! Always read the label!), and her reaction was much, much more mild than the older two experience when glutened. I think this is a positive sign for her, and maybe due to the entire year I spent gluten free while she was nursing?  Or not. 

We've also gotten lots of comments of all kinds about having four kids. All I can say (that's nice), is that, well, our kids are awesome!  Why wouldn't we want more?

Also, I'm uncertain about the future of this blog. Have I said all I have to say about being gluten free and frugal? Perhaps inspiration will strike again down the road. Perhaps not. In the meantime, check out

Under1000permonth at blogspot dot com 
That's some serious frugality, yo.

7 comments:

Diamond said...

Even if you don't post often I hope you don't stop this blog entirely. Not that you should care what I want. I just feel we are on similar paths. Except for your 3rd, our children (including the expected) are around the same age and GF. I feel like we are going thru it together.

Jaime said...

Don't let people ruin your pregnancy, or this blog for you. It's a great little community here, and I am very happy for you!!! Not that it matters what I think either. Hope you feel better soon.

Morocco said...

Thanks for the update! Asking Super-dad about family updates just pales in comparison to the blog.

huddtoo said...

Ok, then you can change the name of your blog to something other than Gluten-Free Frugal...then you can talk about whatever you want. :)

I like reading your blog. Tho, I haven't been blogging at all, I even ended up making mine private after someone took a picture from mine. UGH! So, I can't talk about not blogging. I just facebook now...which is enough to consume you trying to keep up with all that! ACK!

RonaldJ said...

Good to hear from you again. Speaking as a forth child (out of 5) I've got nothing but good things to say about big families. I'm sure your kids will consider themselves blessed to have so many siblings.

I hope you're feeling better very soon.

Amy@TheCircusMcGurkus.blogspot.com said...

Wow, I just went and checked out the blog you mentioned in your post Under1000permonth at blogspot dot com. That is some serious frugality.

I did pick up the idea from her that you can make bread in a crock pot. Since I am seriously in love with my crock pot and make my own gluten free bread I will have to try that out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Anonymous said...

Wow... I've definitely been in hiding for a while... I didn't realize you were expecting number four and all I can say is "AWESOME!". We have four and I'd gladly (joyfully, willingly, exuberantly) welcome more!

We are now using some GF Oat flour I purchased at New Seasons recently and loving it so far... closest thing to Whole Wheat flour I've found.

I can't remember if you did go with cloth diapers or not... I remember talking about it. Anyway, our friends (several families) are all loving the Flip system http://www.flipdiapers.com/, they are spending about $200 for a full system to get through potty independence. That adds up to some major savings!

Congratulations on baby #4!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin