- Work extra all week so you can take a two-hour lunch: check!
- Practice Christmas songs every day and talk about what to expect at preschool Christmas program: check!
- Scour stores until we find three somewhat matching Christmas outfits in correct sizes and reasonable price range: check!
- Invite grandmas: check!
- Get everyone washed, brushed, dressed, fed and to church on time: check!
- Rush home early to nurse baby so that she won't cry during performance: check!
- Wait excitedly in audience for children to take the stage: check!
- Keep two-year-old occupied so he won't ruin his sister's program: check!
- Watch adorable children come to stand in front of the small crowd of family and friends: check!
- See E cry, crumple, not sing a single note, and spend the rest of the performance on teacher's lap: ... uh, check?
Friday, December 19, 2008