Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Shopping

We started saving for Christmas in January. It has been really, really great to actually have some cash on hand instead of trying to eke Christmas out of our regular budget.

Thanks to the fact that they never see commercial television (oh, don't get me wrong, they see WAY too much PBS Kids, sigh), we haven't yet been inundated with requests for Hannah Montana or Barbie or... uh, whatever boys like. Instead I hand-picked a few catalogs and let them make a collage Christmas list.

Our favorites:
www.novanatural.com
www.lbtoys.com
www.youngexplorers.com
www.hearthsong.com

They made some excellent choices, I think, and I might be just as excited for Christmas as they are! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We avoid all that Hannah Montana and the such also...

Barbies we can't avoid.

When the kids watch TV they want EVERYTHING. Seriously.

I hate TV... maybe that's what I should ask for this Christmas, a TV free house for a year!!!

Too bad hubs would NEVER go for it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin