Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Ask and You Shall Receive

I warned SuperDad that there wouldn't be bread in the house for awhile, since I didn't have the $7 to spend on a tiny jar of active dry yeast at the grocery store. He said, "Um, or we could spend a dollar actually buying a loaf of bread." Well. That would be too logical, wouldn't it?

So, I walked down to the natural foods store and bought some bulk yeast for less than a dollar. See? Smart. ;)

While I was there, one of the employees asked if I'd like to take home some gluten free samples. Why, yes, yes I would. And then she brought out a big bag full of all kinds of stuff. Including:

Cherry Pie LARABAR
E: [Gags.] [Chokes.] [Spits out.]

Sorry, LARABAR. Perhaps the preschool set isn't your target market?

Pamela's Products Organic Espresso Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Naturally I didn't give these to my kids. (I say naturally, but I seriously can't believe how many people give little children caffeine. I mean, really. They used to say that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? I think the true definition of insanity is giving your child something that keeps them awake more. What IS that?) So, of course, I ate them myself. Verdict? YUM. The end.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin