Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Blindsided

1) Going gluten free. I've discovered, for me, that it takes about a month completely off gluten before rice flour-based products start tasting good to me. :) Again, I haven't noticed any improvements to my health or well-being by being off gluten, but Baby M is sleeping 5-7 hours straight every night and is crying much less. One weird thing that has happened, though, is that my former almost constant cravings for hamburgers and pizza have disappeared. I guess I was kind of addicted to them! The roughest patch I hit so far, as far as tempation goes, was the pumpkin pie waiting for us at work yesterday. If I know what food is going to be at a place, I can make my own to bring, but I wasn't prepared for ambush pie. ;) Anyway, I resisted! But, I do find comfort in knowing that even the best of us fall down sometimes.

2) West Nile. My headache lasted about a month, total. It went away after I left the hospital, about a week before I went into labor. My eye was still not working correctly at that point. It got better every day and I made myself stop wearing the patch to force it into service again. On the night I went into labor, I was still unable to read or drive. Two hours later, I woke up in labor and the eye was fine, perfect, back to it's normal half-blind self. Yay! They say people experience extreme exhaustion after recoving from West Nile. I guess I did, but I also had a baby, so who knows where one ends and the other begins. All in all, I feel great now. I'm thrilled to have my health back and doubly thrilled to have been blessed with a strong healthy baby.

3 comments:

looksgoodinpolkadots said...

I have a fabulous pumpkin pie recipe that is GFCF, let me know if you want it! I think it is linked on my site somewhere, but would probably be easier if I email you!

We do all fall down... everytime I feel like crap I think, well if only I hadn't...

Glad you are feeling recovered!

zdoodlebub said...

Thanks for the health update. I was worried about you! I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Funny, after my second was born, I had predetermined that I would give up soda/caffeine. Just like you said, I knew I was going to feel pretty terrible after giving birth so why not add withdrawal at that time? It worked well for me.

Unfortunately, two years later, I ended up back on the sauce and it has been a battle I have lost (almost) every day since. :)

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,

Blog Widget by LinkWithin