Finding out that our daughter was gluten intolerant when I was 8 months pregnant was more than a little overwhelming. But, almost two years later, I can see the many blessings that have come along with the diagnosis.
- Firstly, we figured out what was making my little girl so sick. She started gaining weight and absorbing the food that she ate and she's been happier and healthier ever since.
- When our son started showing the same symptoms, he didn't suffer for two years before we figured out what to do.
- Our kids both eat healthier than they would have otherwise. They get whole foods like fruits and vegetables, meat, and dairy. Many, many gluten free products are also hormone-free and dye-free and preservative-free. There is just less junk food in our house, overall.
- Many gluten free products also happen to be organic, which is better for the environment. Bonus!
- We've learned how to spend a little more money to get better quality food. As Jennifer commented earlier, cheap food is filled with cheap ingredients. The extra money is often worth it!
I'm sure there are more! Anyone want to share?