Friday, December 7, 2007

Decision

Thanks, everyone, for your comments on how to allocate our new, larger monthly budget.

I was truly leaning toward putting the entire thing toward debt. I mean, when you plan a portion of your money to go toward debt every month, that's all it is, a plan. Which means, if I really wanted to redo the livingroom this month, I could just reallocate that money this one month.

However, after reading so many excellent comments, I think I'm understanding a need for more balance in our budget. An extra $100 a month for food, gas, and clothes can go a long way, and WILL go a long way, since this is what I've decided to do.

It might make the blog less "thrilling" though. I know you were hanging on the edge of your seat waiting to see how we bought groceries for $40, right? Hee.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Since you're changing your withholding at the end of the year, does that mean that you'll be getting almost $5k back in a few months? If so, could that be your new car fund?

Tenille said...

Melissa - you make an excellent point, and one we have definitely considered! Between our car's trade-in value and the mondo tax return, we definitely could get an okay minivan.

It's on the list of what to do with it, but so is re-shingling the roof and painting the house, both of which really need to be done. It's a question of which is more urgent, and which we will be more able to save for, I guess. We'll know in March-ish!
:)

Can I say again, how much I love getting all this great advice? It's awesome.

Tenille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

T, I just found this and thought of you. A "free" (with submission of 4 tops from yogurt) one-year subscription to Organic Gardening:

http://www.stonyfield.com/SpecialOffers/OrganicGardening/index.cfm

if you're interested.

Jennifer said...

Hmm. Trying again:

http://www.stonyfield.com/

SpecialOffers/OrganicGardening/index.cfm

But, put it all together, without spaces.

Tenille said...

That's awesome! Thank you, Jennifer!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,

Blog Widget by LinkWithin