Monday, November 19, 2007

We paid off $343 in debt this month. I'd love to see that number continue to increase every month (as it has for the last three), and I'm excited to have reached a milestone this month. Our total debt is now less than $100,000, including our house. Woo!

On the buying-locally front, we're doing fine. We're starting to get antsy for McDonald's. I look forward to heading right over there on December 1! I know, that's awful. Wal-Mart, though, I'm thinking I could live without. Target, maybe not. But Wal-Mart, for sure.

You may notice that I haven't posted any new recipes. We've had a limited budget to work within, and when I tried to plan to try new recipes, we ended up exceeding our budget limit. So, we've stuck with basics. If we could eke even an extra $20 a month out of the grocery budget, we'd be much more comfortable. Which is, coincidentally, about what we save by shopping at Wal-Mart. Ugh.

Perhaps it's time to return to the cloth diapers and wipes. Or not.

We also need to use some type of Get Out of Jail Free card, because we've had a couple of slip-ups. First was a pizza, delivered hot and fresh to our door late at night. And it was SO worth it. Sorry. Second, SuperDad bought me this book. Also, totally worth it.

I think what I'm finding is that there is balance to be found. I don't know that I can go to a "No Wal-Mart Ever" kind of lifestyle. I do know that I won't be relying on them for everything anymore.

2 comments:

Li & David said...

Congrats on the debt payment! You're below 6 figures! Woo!

Here's a cure for your McDonald's craving. Rent "SuperSize Me". Watch. Repeat. You'll never want that stuff again. :)

I've cut way back on Wal-Mart, too. It's eating into our budget a little, but like you pointed out in an earlier post, there are fewer temptations at other stores, so that helps. I think Wal-Mart serves a purpose in society. I just don't want them to be the only store in society.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,

Blog Widget by LinkWithin