Monday, November 19, 2007

We paid off $343 in debt this month. I'd love to see that number continue to increase every month (as it has for the last three), and I'm excited to have reached a milestone this month. Our total debt is now less than $100,000, including our house. Woo!

On the buying-locally front, we're doing fine. We're starting to get antsy for McDonald's. I look forward to heading right over there on December 1! I know, that's awful. Wal-Mart, though, I'm thinking I could live without. Target, maybe not. But Wal-Mart, for sure.

You may notice that I haven't posted any new recipes. We've had a limited budget to work within, and when I tried to plan to try new recipes, we ended up exceeding our budget limit. So, we've stuck with basics. If we could eke even an extra $20 a month out of the grocery budget, we'd be much more comfortable. Which is, coincidentally, about what we save by shopping at Wal-Mart. Ugh.

Perhaps it's time to return to the cloth diapers and wipes. Or not.

We also need to use some type of Get Out of Jail Free card, because we've had a couple of slip-ups. First was a pizza, delivered hot and fresh to our door late at night. And it was SO worth it. Sorry. Second, SuperDad bought me this book. Also, totally worth it.

I think what I'm finding is that there is balance to be found. I don't know that I can go to a "No Wal-Mart Ever" kind of lifestyle. I do know that I won't be relying on them for everything anymore.

1 comment:

Li loves David said...

Congrats on the debt payment! You're below 6 figures! Woo!

Here's a cure for your McDonald's craving. Rent "SuperSize Me". Watch. Repeat. You'll never want that stuff again. :)

I've cut way back on Wal-Mart, too. It's eating into our budget a little, but like you pointed out in an earlier post, there are fewer temptations at other stores, so that helps. I think Wal-Mart serves a purpose in society. I just don't want them to be the only store in society.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin