Monday, November 26, 2007

Mistake

I made a mistake. I forgot to write in a $53.18 grocery receipt. And then I continued as though we actually still had that money. Ouch.

We do have that money, in our Christmas savings category. But that will need to be repaid. Out of money that would have gone to pay down debt.

It's disappointing and it makes me feel like we keep taking steps backwards. Our tight budget gets tiring after awhile. What makes it liveable is focusing on that debt-free goal. I like to write out what our budget would look like if we had no debt. But every small step back puts that goal farther away. And that's frustrating.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Mistakes are bound to happen. It's still disappointing, though. I just found your blog a couple of days ago and have read through every post. Our family is a lot like yours and your blog is very motivating.

Unknown said...

Hi, Melissa! Welcome! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin