Friday, November 2, 2007

Menu

Carol at Frugal Finds asked what my menu for this week is. I'm afraid to say that it's cheap because it's cheap, not because I have found some frugal secret. But, here it is:

  • Tuna noodle casserole and cooked carrots
  • California Blend Cheese Soup* and homemade bread
  • Hobo Dinner* (Is "hobo" really PC? I mean, seriously. Perhaps I should call it, Dinner for the Wayward Traveller? Supper of the House-Challenged? How about Hey You Tie Bandanas to Sticks - Eat This!)
  • Homemade waffles and fruit
  • Grilled cheese sandwiches and baked beans
  • Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
  • Ham and cheese omelets

*Recipes to follow, if they're worth sharing.

For lunches we'll be having:

  • Leftovers
  • Eggs
  • Canned soup
  • Hot dogs (for kids, I can't really stomach hot dogs)

And breakfast will be:

  • GF cereal (not bought yet, will go to natural foods store)
  • GF waffles
  • Fruit
  • Yogurt

And snacks:

  • Fruit, fruit, so much fruit (apples, pears, oranges, grapefruit, and bananas bought this week)
  • Raw carrots
  • GF animal crackers (sometimes with peanut butter for dipping)
  • Raisins
  • (Warning: Not gluten free!) Special secret after kids go to bed diet pizza - lite pita bread, pizza sauce, and shredded cheese; I also bought a cake mix for .60, but we'll see if that ever gets made or not

Blog Widget by LinkWithin