Monday, August 27, 2007

My Money Regrets

1. We shouldn't have bought a brand-new car for the 0% interest rate. Especially considering we paid it off in about a year and a half. Let's see... we saved about $2250 in interest and lost about $5100 in depreciation the first year. Awesome decision, that one.

2. I regret working so much in high school and saving so little. I blew my money on clothes and eating out and movies and hair dye. By the time I'd been on campus for 45 mintues, I had spent my entire high school savings ($1500) on books, room, and board. And it wasn't even enough.

3. I regret borrowing so much in student loans. 18-year-old me would totally cringe at this idea, but I should have lived at home with my parents and paid for college myself. Or at least stayed in the dorm.

I'm sure there are more, but these are the things that come to mind!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin