Here are the things:
1) Two kids, one definitely gluten intolerant, one probably gluten intolerant, who can't eat McNuggets or Kraft Mac 'N Cheese or Spaghettios. One mom (me), trying to work within a very tight budget.
2) A very tight budget. We're trying to live on one income (mine) while my husband, SuperDad, stays home with the kids and starts up a photography business.
3) AND trying to pay off debt, which includes:
- $2,200 in credit cards (YARG!)
- $18,107 in student loan debt
- $84,000 mortgage
Budget update - As of today:
- Today is the 9th.
- Which is 4 days until pay day.
- We're doing a cash budget this pay period and we've got:
- $5 left in our food envelope.
- And $20 left in our gas envelope.
Dinner update - Last night for dinner we had:
- Hamburgers and hot dog (yes, we only had one left in the fridge, but we used it up!) on the grill
- SuperDad and I had homemade hamburger buns, out of the freezer
- Kiddos have no idea what buns are
- Potatoes with butter and Calla seasoning (I can't find this online, so maybe it's a local thing? I think it's mostly pepper and sea salt. It was a gift from our realtor.)