Monday, December 31, 2007

Super Easy Chicken

5 frozen chicken breasts ($6.00 on sale)
1 packet of dry Italian dressing mix ($3.00-ish?)
1 c. of warm water (mostly free)

Place all in slow cooker. Heat on high 1 hour. Turn down to low, heat 7 more hours. Yum.

I served with sliced raw apples and toast ($0.50?)

Total cost: $9.50, with plenty of leftovers. I'm planning to make a chicken pizza later this week. We spent a lot (for us) on this meal. But it's faster and easier than eating out.

Verdict: I cannot get D to eat chicken. Or any kind of meat. Anything beyond milk is really a stretch for him. But I will be patient. E liked this a little, and the grown ups liked this a lot.

1 comment:

Apostle to Suburbia said...

Hmm, that's interesting. My gluten-intolerant son practically lives off milk and cheese. He will eat half a Larabar some mornings and a few bites of homemade gf pizza or spaghetti, but getting him to eat other regular foods is a real challenge.
Thanks for the recipes. I'm looking forward to trying them.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin